September was a lovely month, with loads of sunshine and happy distractions.
In September I:
- Went on holiday, hurrah! Went on our first big holiday in a while, down to London and then Brighton. Had brilliant weather while there, caught up with good friends, and saw some fantastic things – Shakespeare at the Globe theatre, the Harry Potter Studio Tour (which was incredible – I’m even more impressed with the crew than I was before), the dinosaurs at Crystal Palace park, beautiful Greenwich and the Meridian line.
- Caught a bug (boo) but got to stay beneath the covers and read lots to compensate for about a week
- Did some work on my manuscript and uploaded a section of ‘The Waulking Song’ to Authonomy for people to read (this will be temporary)
- Arranged my new office and made it a nice place to work
- Made some big plans for my work, which I put into action in October
- Had some lovely strolls in the Botanic Gardens
- Read 8 books
- Was struck by the fact that it’s been a year since I quit full time work to write
- While I was ill I started watching Buffy again from the beginning, and I’m addicted. Thank you, Netflix.
- Managed to set up my telescope and see some astonishing lunar images
After reading all the Hobb books I’m in a right mood for fantasy, so if you have any recommendations please do make them in the comments here or via social media. I have fairly diverse taste and read widely in the genre, so anything goes.
The month in pictures: