Laura Anderson provides freelance or contract services in the following areas:
- Writing and editing for print, games and screen
- Digital marketing, brand and online strategy
- Copywriting for web or print
SELECTED COPYWRITING AND MARKETING EMPLOYMENT
Freelance Journalist, Digital Marketer and Copywriter: Content strategy, conceiving, planning, researching and writing articles for a range of international clients through agencies including Johnston Press, DigitasLBi, Four Over Five, Take One Action Film Festivals, Primate and 8MS on any given topic, including finance, health, lifestyle, travel, IT, shopping, business, fashion, culture, and property (since 2008).
Online Marketing Manager (Senior Management), Craft Scotland: Managing the website and team for arts charity. Duties included leading all digital strategy, redesigning and launching website, training, online evaluation, planning, writing & editing copy, filmmaking & photography, email newsletters, developing apps, running social media, designing, writing and marketing printed materials (2009 – 2013).
Online Marketing and Head of AV, CIVIC UK: Laura researched, created, evaluated and edited copy, trained clients in marketing, managed Google Ads, created monthly performance reports for clients (including NHS and Government), and planned, filmed and edited AV content for online distribution (2005 – 2008).
Interactive Writer: With Edinburgh Napier University, Laura was creator, writer and producer for a Wii game in an Interactive Knowledge Transfer project.
Audio Script Writer: Laura worked with Crocodile Clips as one of a team of writers on the educational children’s game Bunja.
A few examples:
- 100+ vaping articles, such as Mouth to Lung Vs Direct to Lung vaping guide, changing e-liquid flavours, and a brief history of e-cigarettes
- Magazine article on Scottish Craft for June/July 2012 edition of leading USA publication on craft
- 100+ articles for SilverSurfers, targeted towards the over 50s audience, such as getting into running and using coconut oil (note that articles have the site editor as the writer)
- All new website content for leading Irish training agency Consult Catalyst
- Laura also maintains a blog, a short films website and a new Edinburgh digital publishing platform