June turned out to be a really busy month, mostly taken up by the Edinburgh International Film Festival but also a fair amount of freelance work.
It went quickly and I hardly had any time to read – but made up for it with films.
In June I:
- Sketched out a new feature idea into treatment format
- Wrote 2 comedy sketches
- Continued writing a children’s novel
- Wrote 1 page a day freehand
- Read 2 books (see? Hardly any reading.)
- Watched about 20 feature films in the cinema and another 30 or so shorts
- Swanned about in a nice dress at the EIFF opening gala
- Rediscovered delicious stuffed rice wraps
Films I loved at the EIFF included Set Fire to the Stars, the funny documentary That Guy Dick Miller, and the amazing documentary Virunga. It was a generally inspiring event and I met lots of lovely fellow filmmakers, always a bonus.
The month in pictures: