A quick post on what I’m doing with my days, now that I am my own boss.
- Wake at 8am, breakfast, run, clean self and be at desk for 9am.
- Write for 3.5 hours, break for lunch, do housework, go for brisk walk, return to desk for 2pm.
- Write for 3.5 hours, stop in state of peace and fulfilment.
- Dinner, discussion, reading, early night.
- Ignore alarm and fall asleep until partner leaves for work at 8.30am.
- Slump out of bed, shuffle around flat in fleece dressing gown. Drink coffee, watch amusing animal videos, pin recipes.
- At desk for 10-10.30am, research, daydream, procrastinate, fall into trap of link-clicking until find self researching lifestyle of 80s Brat Pack members.
- Write 1,000 words in a frenzy, break for lunch at 1pm.
- Eat lunch and clean already clean flat, bake unnecessary items, take lazy stroll to local duck pond.
- Return to desk at 2.30pm and glare at Word document for approx 1 hour, before another feverish bout of writing.
- Stop writing when wrist hurts.
- Dinner, discussion, reading, lie awake for hours wondering what characters will do next.
I’m loving it.